On the Web:
- 10 Questions: Jeremy Allaire, founder and CEO, Circle – Fortune – “The company aims to make Bitcoin simpler, safer, and easier to use. In light of recent controversy around the virtual currency — particularly around companies that have failed and lost clients’ money — Allaire is taking his time to make sure Circle will be legitimate and regulated.”
- Tokens and Traditionalists – Drop Labs (Cherian Abraham) – “However with HCE I would go beyond NFC – as finally there is a way to decouple the credential from the radio – and look beyond where the credential is stored, and even how it is presented – including other legitimate use-cases such as QR and BLE alongside of NFC.”
- Verizon Data Breach Report: Payment-Card Theft Can Be Avoided at Little Cost – Wall St. Journal – “It’s not necessarily about spending more money. It’s about doing the right things,” said Chris Porter, one of the report’s authors and a managing principal at Verizon’s Cyber Intelligence Center.
- Facebook Now Powers More Than Half Of All Social Logins – “According to the latest data from social login service Gigya, Facebook remains the absolute market leader here and now powers more than 51 percent of all social logins in North America.”
- Review: Loop mobile wallet – Fortune – “Loop is a brilliant idea, and most importantly, it works. But the fob is better as a proof of concept than a daily companion, and for that reason, only enthusiasts will find today’s system worth the expense.”
- Former Citi Executive Sanjiv Das to Join First Data – Wall St. Journal – “Sanjiv Das, who served as chief executive of CitiMortgage from 2008 to 2013, has taken the role as First Data’s chief of staff and is joining the company’s management committee,”
On the Wires:
- TSYS Reports First Quarter 2014 Total Revenues Increased 32.1% – “TSYS today reported results for the first quarter of 2014 and announced the sale of its business interests in Japan.”
- Samsung and PayPal select Nok Nok Labs to power the first FIDO Ready™ Authentication Ecosystem – “This is a tremendous opportunity to collaborate with Samsung and PayPal to help drive secure mobile payments around the globe,” said Phillip Dunkelberger, President & CEO, Nok Nok Labs.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Data in Payments, April 22 in Mountain View, CA; Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book “Payments Systems in the U.S. – Second Edition” – is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I’d love to hear from you – drop me a quick note: [email protected] or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: [email protected].
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here – and we’ll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Headline News from PaymentsNews.com – April 22, 2014
Payments News – from Glenbrook Partners
Payments News ISSN 1556-4487. Compilation Copyright © Glenbrook Partners LLC, 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved.