Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Amazon, SoftBank Battle for One of Last Untapped Internet Markets
– Wall Street Journal (Paywall) – “Amazon.com Inc. AMZN -2.55% founder Jeff Bezos appears set to tangle with a formidable new adversary in India: Masayoshi Son, the brash billionaire who helms Japan’s SoftBank Group. The prize: e-commerce superiority in one of the last great untapped internet economies.”
- Walmart deploying tech that lets in-store shoppers check out — on their own
– Chain Store Age – “Walmart is expanding the deployment of its Scan & Go mobile app, which is being tested in approximately 12 stores across Northwest Arkansas, Florida, Texas and Georgia. The chain is now rolling out the app for use in at least 10 additional locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Nashville markets. The stores will offer the solution by the end of the month, said Walmart spokesman Justin Rushing in an interview with Chain Store Age.”
- China preps central clearing house for mobile payments providers
– Finextra – “The People’s Bank of China is set to make digital payment firms such as Ant Financial and Tencent use a new central clearing house, a move which will see companies forced to share transaction data with rivals.”
- $126 Billion: The Cryptocurrency Market Just Set a New All-Time High
– Coindesk – “The total value of all cryptocurrencies set a new all-time high today, rising above $126 billion for the first time in history, according to data from CoinMarketCap. The new benchmark was set at 8:00 UTC and comes just four days after the crypto asset class set a previous record above $116 billion.”
ON THE WIRES
- Geoswift, UnionPay International and Western Union Business Solutions offer Tuition Payment Promotion for International Chinese Students
– “Geoswift, Western Union Business Solutions (a subsidiary of The Western Union Company) and UnionPay International have announced the latest joint tuition payment promotion available to Chinese students studying in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, France, Australia, Switzerland, Singapore, Japan, Czech Republic and Ireland.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Understanding the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry has never been more important. Get the knowledge you need fast at one of our two day Payments Boot Camps. Our one day Insight Workshops follow each Boot Camp and are deep dives into key topics. Take a discount for attending all three days. Here’s our fall schedule:
For more, click here. We hope to see you soon!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook’s Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We’re hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!
Headline News from PaymentsNews.com – August 11, 2017
Payments News – from Glenbrook Partners
Payments News ISSN 1556-4487. Compilation Copyright © Glenbrook Partners LLC, 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved.