On the web:
- Tips from regulation conference on Bitcoin compliance – Lightspeed Venture Partners – “I attended last week’s National Money Transmitters Association (NMTA) conference on virtual currencies compliance, which brought together top regulators, litigators, and entrepreneurs, and got some of these questions answered.”
- UK Payments Council report states that mobile internet payments will quadruple by 2022
– Financial Services Club Blog – “I just got a copy of the Payments Council’s UK Payments Markets 2013 Report, and it makes fascinating reading about a developed economy’s changing payments habits.”
- Payments Winners/Losers? – FinVentures (Tom Noyes) – “This brings me to the obvious looser in next 5 yrs: Retail banking in the US.”
- India’s currency is collapsing. Is it Ben Bernanke’s fault? – Washington Post WonkBlog – “In India, the rupee currency has fallen 15 percent against the dollar since the start of May, with a particularly sharp decline since the start of August.”
- CoinDesk launches bitcoin information centre – CoinDesk – “The initial guides contained in the information centre are designed to get people started with the basics of mining, buying, and trading bitcoins.”
On the wires:
- Traditional Risk-Based Segmentation is not Relevant for Mobile and Emerging Payments, According to Research from the Auriemma Consulting Group – “No significant differences existed based on risk profiles or credit lines, meaning the traditional risk-based segmentation used by banks is not be relevant for mobile and emerging payments.”
- Does Your Financial Institution’s Digital Strategy Pass the ROI Test? – “Large investments in emerging services like mobile and online do not always translate into higher customer satisfaction or even high financial performance.”
- Stanford Research: How to Wean Businesses of Over-Borrowing – “Broadly defined, there are two policy tools to achieve tax neutrality with regard to financing decisions,” he says. “The first is to eliminate the existing tax subsidy for debt, and the second is to allow a similar deduction for equity.”
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October – 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook’s Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year’s American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She’ll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Headline News from PaymentsNews.com – August 21, 2013
Payments News – from Glenbrook Partners
Payments News ISSN 1556-4487. Compilation Copyright © Glenbrook Partners LLC, 2002-2013. All Rights Reserved.